Wednesday 6 July 2011

A PHASE IN MY LIFE AND TIME

A PHASE IN MY LIFE AND TIME!
Exactly I went back  in the vivid memory lane of my life over 56 years back! I was just 13-year-old. My family led by my father late Satya Narayan Singh, a noted freedom fighter, was yet to recover from the trauma of the atrocity of British Raj. Our everything had been ruined -house burnt, property looted etc on the order of Darbhanga district collector Salisbury in August 1942 for involvement of my family members in the freedom struggle. I had started reading and writing in different schools. Our financial condition had gone  from bad to worse! My parents late Satyanarayan singh and my mother late Sudama Devi, also a freedom fighter were passing through the worst phase of their life. However, my maternal uncle late Siyaram singh, a primary school teacher , belonging to village Sajjanpura, about ten kms from my village home Rajwa in dDrbhanga district, used to financially help us to bail out  my parents from agonies.
I had cardinal desire to learn and read more and more, specially English-during my school days I had to face many hiccups. By that time, a new thing happened- I was not supposed to be physically well as I used to be inflicted with various diseases. When my father was in jail, I had suffered from  kala-azar and different other disease and malarial fever. Time was running thus! Suddenly my parents decided to get me married at the age of 13. And finally I was married with a girl namely Goswami now Goswami Devi of village Balya in Madhubani district, daughter of a farmer late Nachari singh and sister of late Surya Narayan singh and late Bachcha Babu. Suraj Babu was a school teacher.
After my marriage on panchami of full moon period in the month Ashardh in 1955 with small fan-fare, I lived with my wife for a few days. Thereafter , I left for my schooling in Pandoul with one of my relatives late Asharfi singh, head master of  SKHE School, Pandoul , now in Madhubani district. Time took its own course. In between I have to change a few more schools and finally I passed out my matriculation examination from Mithila High school , Balour, darbhanga district in 1959 under ther guardianship of eminent teacher of old Darbhanga district Lakshmishwar Singh, who later became famous head master of Rajnagar High school and later on retired. I remember Lakshmishwar Babu was a very good teacher and he has special command on English literature, whose teaching gave me a new lease of  my life and I learnt more and more from him, which I will remember with reverence of Singh ever in my life!
During my schooling and college education as well as passing honours examination in Political Science from Bihar university in 1963, I had to face a lot of problems and difficulties! But Goswami remained with me during those and present days of sorrow, pain and pleasure. Of course pleasure days used to remain for short period in our life--only pain and sorrow, repentance etc.Still Goswami is with me. After the death of my parents, I have shifted to Patna and living here. I worked for many newspapers. Finally I retired as chief Reporter in the Times of India about seven years back.
Moreover in this long journey of my life, my wife and myself have to suffer from many unfortunate scenes. We lost many things. It will not be appropriate to discuss all those things right now!We continue to bear burnt of many unfortunate happenings in our life -but still living and witness to evils in our life! But strong faith in destiny and almighty- only almighty is saving us from complete ruins! Current  phase of my life is entirely devoted in praying , praying more and more, reading, reading more and more, writing , writing more and more. Our this marriage anniversary, i exactly remember, when Goswami asked me about the details of our marriage. Now just glacing the blue sky!
(यह दर्द भरी kahani giवेस में प्लेअसुरे)KKsingh

No comments:

Post a Comment